K-8 school in San Fransisco that builds agency in kids
Red Bridge is a private K-8 school inspired by Montessori & Reggio Emilia. They focus on helping kids build agency and skills for directing their own learning.
- Located in San Francisco, est 2020
- Small and entrepreneurial — great place to both work with young people and shape the direction of the school
- Orly who founded Red Bridge used to lead Khan Lab School (affiliated with Khan Academy) and was an entrepreneur in Residence with Transcend Education — so has visibility into a range of K12 innoations.
- They group kids by autonomy-levels instead of grade-levels; promote students when they advocate for it based on their work habits; use portfolios instead of report cards; and mastery credits instead of grades
- While Red Bridge is in-person, they’re daytime schedule is flexible to better serve students (no bells!)