Edtech company that helps students improve their reading level
Newsela takes authentic, real world content from trusted sources and makes it instruction ready for K-12 classrooms. Each text is published at five reading levels, so content is accessible to every learner.
- Newsela has offices all over the US. Almost all of their roles are remote w/ a tech stipend included.
- With over 15,000 texts on the platform and multiple new texts published every day across 20+ genres, Newsela enables educators to go deep on any subject they choose.
- Newsela has recently been praised by its efforts to include culturally responsive texts on its site.
- This is an established Series D company that has raised over $300 million total to build its product.
- You’d enjoy working at Newsela if you enjoy fast-paced, highly structured, tech environments. You won’t be building new systems but will fit into existing systems. Expect frequent and formal reviews quarterly. You’ll work from home but you wont make your own hours for the most part.