Mark Zuckerberg’s and Priscilla Chan’s philanthropy and research org
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a philanthropic organization established by Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg and his wife Priscilla Chan with an investment of 99 percent of the couple's wealth from their Facebook shares over their lifetime.
- Located in Redwood City, CA
- They have a track record for investing in a range of thoughtful education initiatives: from Summit Schools and Summit’s Learning Management System to products that support Social Emotional Learning in Schools.
- They work across grant-making and actively building ideas in-house
- They think of themselves as an org that is at the intersection of science and philanthropy
- They focus on supporting innovation within existing systems — with fewer resources going to truly out of the box innovations.